Rock Mill is hiring! If you’re as passionate about the climbing community as we are and want to see the sport and lifestyle grow in Northeast Ohio, we may have work for you.
Check out the positions below and if you think you’d be a good fit for the job, shoot your resume to email@example.com!
Front Desk Staff
The Front Desk Staff are brand ambassadors for Rock Mill, creating the welcoming and open environment that visitors and members know and love. Individuals who thrive in this position are friendly and see the importance of every task they do and how it plays into the Rock Mill experience. This is a part-time, hourly position offering 10-20 hours a week. Front Desk staff receive a free membership, retail discounts and pro-deal opportunities.
- Customer-service skills
- Experience multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
- A basic understanding of climbing equipment and terminology
- Retail and/or fitness industry experience is a plus
- Be a friendly and welcoming presence to all visitors and members.
- Excel working independently and in a team-setting. Providing input and contributing to growth of the Rock Mill community.
- Be knowledgeable about all pro shop products and help customers in making the best selection to meet their needs.
- Be able to speak to the value of Rock Mill memberships and help sign customers up with memberships or punch passes.
- First-Aid certified and be comfortable engaging people who are injured. (Certification can be provided by Rock Mill)
- Be an active member of the Rock Mill community.
- Walk new visitors through the check-in process.
- Run the POS (day pass sales/memberships/retail).
- Monitor check-ins of members and punch pass holders.
- Communicate promotions and events to visitors and members.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the gym.
- Monitor the climbing hall and fitness room to ensure safety procedures are being followed.
- Answer the phone and help customers with general gym questions.
- Monthly/bi-monthly hold-washing.